Helping you to save money with our Energy Saving Tips
by Becci Harris
Posted in Uncategorized on Aug 13, 2017
With British Gas hiking up its prices, we wanted to offer some helpful tips on how you can save energy, and in turn, help you to save money!
We are all aware that there is more we can do to help save energy, but it can be difficult to know where to start! We want to help by giving you some useful energy saving tips:
- Turn your Thermostat down - you would be amazed at how much you can save just by turning it down a few degrees! 1°C can save you as much as £60 per year! Keeping your heating on low constantly rather than turning it on and off can also help you to save money!
- If you have a power shower, turn the pressure down! Power showers use a lot of water, sometimes even as much as a bath!
- When cooking on the hob, make sure you use the right size pan for the ring you are using! A small pan on a big ring or a big pan on a small ring can waste energy.
- Keep your Fridge & Freezer full. Empty space means it has to work harder, using more energy!
- Wash your clothes at 30°C and 40°C . 90% of a washing machines energy is spent on heating the water!
Hang up your washing instead of using a tumble dryer where possible!
Switch all appliances off if you're not using them! Even mobile phone chargers use electricity when they're plugged in and not charging!
If you have draughts, buy draft excluders as these can really help to keep the heat contained within your home.
Keep on top of your energy tariff and make sure you are on the cheapest one for your needs.
Harris Heating is a family-run, trusted and reliable Plumbing and Heating Company in Leeds. For all your plumbing and heating needs, contact us on 0113 250 53 75 or visit our website