Emergency Gas Leak
Smell gas or suspect a carbon monoxide leak?
Call the National Grid’s Emergency number on 0800 111 999 (FREE 24 hour emergency line).
- Open doors and windows to ventilate the property.
- Avoid turning on/off electrical switches.
- Do not smoke.
- Extinguish all naked flames and do not strike matches which could cause ignition.
- Avoid electrical security entry phones/locks.
- A National Grid engineer will visit your home to make it safe. Once they have assessed and made safe the area, guidance will be given including contacting your local Gas Safe registered engineer to carry out any repairs.