What Does It Cost?
It costs £110 for the first appliance, £120 for 2 appliances and £135 for 3 appliances.
If any additional work is required to repair or replace an appliance, a separate quotation will be given for this.
And You Have The Option To Add On Our Annual Service Plan?
In the event that the heating system breaks down in your property, we recommend that as a Landlord, you also register for our Annual Service Plan.
As part of the annual service, our heating engineer will:
- Check that the appliance or central heating and ventilation is working and in line with current regulations to keep your tenants safe.
- If necessary, take apart the appliance to adjust it and/or clean it to keep it efficient and able to do its job.
- Inform you of any inefficiencies or improvements that we feel could be made to enhance the central heating system.
- Provide you with a breakdown of the work undertaken so you know exactly what has been done to keep the system up to date.
- Provide you with details of any remedial work as well as a quotation for further works if needed to give you complete peace of mind regarding additional costs.
- Complete the work there and then, with your authorisation or arrange a more suitable time to return.
All our heating engineers are Safe Gas registered and qualified to carry out full service plans on most heating appliances. We will communicate with you throughout so you know what to expect, working efficiently to limit disruption. We prepare and leave the area as tidy as we found it.
Once the service is complete, we will provide the necessary paperwork, which lists what we have done or recommended to improve the system. We will then contact you or your tenant when the next annual service is due to arrange an engineer to visit again. For you, this means we’ve taken care of everything, you don’t have to worry about a thing.